1 year wait applicable?

It depends on the law in Arkansas as to whether you can file there or not, and I don’t know Arkansas law; but in North Carolina you must be separated for a full year first.

Amy K. Kirkhum
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

im curious to know if there is any way to dissolve my marriage prior to the years wait we were married in ak but have resided in nc the previous 6 months can i file for divorce sooner in ak