That’s domestic abuse/child abuse. Call the police and file a report. Then get a restraining order against him.


If you dont press charges,and get him out of your home,CPS WILL take your child. YOU are responsible for protecting her,and if they think you arent doing just that,they will take her until you make him leave. So you have a choice-him or your child[?] I think you know what you need to do.
Be strong

I will survive~~~


Dear rcsmyth13:

Greetings. This is a great question - and after some research my answer is that no, this is not abandonment. While his behavior was intolerable, you still asked him to leave, so my opinion is that it is not abandonment. Yes, I believe he has committed domestic violence against your child. No, he cannot make you responsible for all the bills.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


my husband smacked my 13 yr old in the face and slung her on the ground and I have asked him to leave is that abandonment? Is this concidered domestic abuse.Can he leave and make me responsible for all the bills