Absolute Divorce

I want to file for AD but I have a couple of issues:

  1. If I check the CHILD SUPPORT box on the Domestic Civil Action Cover Sheet, what else do I have to attach? What will my ex have to do? How much longer will the AD take?

  2. If I get remarried, can I take my child across state lines if: 1) I have primary custody, 2) the location is less than 60 minutes from my ex’s domicile

You need to file a complaint for child support, simply checking the box on the coversheet will not initiate a claim.

Child support is independent from the divorce, and will not affect the timing of the divorce.

You may move with your child if your ex agrees.