I have a sixteen old son that would like to come live with me. His father’s way of discipline to me leans on the side of abuse. What are my right’s?

If there is no order or agreement pertaining to custody, you have as much right to custody of your son as does his father. If there is, you need to either file an action for custody or a motion to modify. You can learn more about the details of a child custody action on our website.