Alienation of Affection against seductress

If a woman seduces a man away from his wife and then, once the man is away, bails on the man can the man go after the seductress under the the Alien of Affection Law?

No. The claim for alienation of affection is intended for the other spouse to sue the paramour. In your instance, the wife could sue the husband’s paramour for alienation of affection.

Check out our detailed article on this subject, Infidelity and Alienation of Affection.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you for getting back to me, I apologize for the delayed response.

So this person resides in NC and we are in SC. The manipulation and lies started when she lived here but continued once she moved back to Candler, NC.

Is this something your firm handles if my wife, we are separated, wanted to pursue it? If so, generally speaking, what would the attorney fees be? Also, this person has nothing at all, rents a room, so what would be the point aside from accountability? I am not sure I fully grasp this clearly but this person has just gone about their lives like they did nothing wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Stephen

The wife, a resident of SC, could file an alienation of affection claim against the husband’s paramour, a resident of NC, if the alienation of affection took place in NC. But, if the paramour does not have wealth or assets to execute a civil judgment against, it might not be worth the attorney’s fees to pursue such a claim.

We do not handle cases in Candler, NC but take a look at our Lawyer Locator to find a family law attorney in your area. Attorney’s fees vary from county to county and case to case.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you for getting back to me, again, I really appreciate it.