Alienation of Affection


Who can sue in an Alienation of Affection case under North Carolina law? Can only ex-spouse’s or can an ex-spouse’s family member? Just curious?


The injured party, ie the spouse may sue the paramour.


So this means no family members can sue? Just the ex spouse?

Thanks so much!


Synapsis: STBX having an affair with out of state paramour. Paramour has traveled to NC numerous times to engage in affair. STBX stays with friend and paramour picks STBX from friend’s house.

Is there any legal action that can be filed against the friend for condoning/allowing the affair to happen? Friend was aware that STBX was married during affair.


No, the friend is not the proximate cause of the injury.