Alimony and name change

Names don’t mean anything, you aren’t required to have his surname while you are receiving alimony.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by fatlilbeagle[/i] [br]Names don't mean anything, you aren't required to have his surname while you are receiving alimony.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by tanukie[/i] [br]I live in North Carolina and have been divorced for 5 years. When I got my divorce the lawyer didn't tell me that I could go back to my maiden name until all the papers were signed. I wasn't going though having all the papers redone. Later I wanted to change my name back but people told me that it would cost a lot of money to do that. I called the court house and ask because I don't want his name and she told me for $10 and fill out a form I can change it back to my maiden name. I would have done it a long time ago if I knew it only cost $10. My question is if I change my name back now will it affect my alimony? Is there any why he can stop paying me alimony because of my name change? I don't have the money to ask lawyer. A friend of my son's that lives in CA told him that it wouldn't affect it there but didn't know about in North Carolina. Does any one know about NC. Thanks Sandy

Did you have another question about this?

I live in North Carolina and have been divorced for 5 years. When I got my divorce the lawyer didn’t tell me that I could go back to my maiden name until all the papers were signed. I wasn’t going though having all the papers redone. Later I wanted to change my name back but people told me that it would cost a lot of money to do that. I called the court house and ask because I don’t want his name and she told me for $10 and fill out a form I can change it back to my maiden name. I would have done it a long time ago if I knew it only cost $10. My question is if I change my name back now will it affect my alimony? Is there any why he can stop paying me alimony because of my name change? I don’t have the money to ask lawyer. A friend of my son’s that lives in CA told him that it wouldn’t affect it there but didn’t know about in North Carolina. Does any one know about NC. Thanks Sandy