Alimony hearing

There is so much about this that I just don’t understand. I received a form last week about a clendar call request for a chambers hearing regarding alimony. I called the trial courts co-ordinator who was on vacation all last week, and finally got through to her via email today.

I was informed that the hearing time was set at the calendar call this morning, for 2:00 this afternoon, and was given the name of the judicial assistant. I immediately called her number, and did not hear back until 4:00 p.m. The hearing was long over. Further, she said I would not have been allowed to attend by phone.

Do I have any recourse to whatever was decided in my absence. I live over two hours away in another state, so there was no way I could have been there, anyway?

Can I file for another alimony hearing, and if so, how do I do it? Is there a form that I can fill out to do so?

If the judge entered an order on alimony you can either appeal the order, or you can file for a modification citing a change in circumstances. I am unfamiliar with a chambers hearing, this may be something unique to the county where your alimony is being heard.