Am I married

i filed for divorce from bed and board over a year ago. my wife left the state with the child. i have since learned that she was previously married (have marriage cert from NV) yet cannot prove she divorced or annulled. she is receiving federal benefits as my spouse and i have hired two attorney’s (hatley law firm and beaver holt) for the proceedings and its been a year, no divorce decree or annulment. what can i do? i haVE paid every background site fort the answers to no avail.

Your attorney is in the best position to answer your questions, but bigamous marriages are void and covered by the statute found here:

The party who contends the marriage is bigamous has the burden of proof.

I HAVE ASKED BOTH MY ATTORNIES FOR OVER ONE YEAR NOW. BOTH PAID IN FULL. BEAVER AND HOLT OF FAYETTEVILLE, NC AND HATLEY LAW FIRM FOR CIVIL AS WELL IN HOKE COUNTY. WTF CAN I DO. I AM DISABLED RETIRED VETERAN, SHE RECEIVES FEDERAL BENEFITS ON MY BEHALF YET SHE IS MARRIED TO A MAN PREVIOUS TO ME AND NO ANNULLMENT OR DIVORCE DECREE EXISTS. WHO CAN I PAY TO SOLVE THIS, NOBODY CARES.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

apologies for all caps, was not yelling.

I believe that Ryan has given you the best advice available with this forum. If you want to schedule a consultation to discuss the facts in detail, please contact our office.