Dear Mejia:

What is the exact language?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Ordered that “ex-wife” shall have visitaion with the subject children during their Christmas and summer school vacations with “ex-husband” to provide round trip transportation during the summer and “ex-wife” to provide transportation for Christmas and any other visitation that the parties may agree upon.

Dear Mejia:

Greetings. I read that language as permitting ex-wife to have the children from the day school lets out from school for the Christmas holiday until the children return to school after said holiday. I would call the attorney that drafted the language to be sure. I hope that answers your question.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband who has physical custody of his children, and his ex have a visitaion order that states that the exwife is entitled to visitation during the childrens christmas school vacation. We believe that to mean that she is entiled to see them at some point during this vacation, She believes this to mean that she is entitled to have them for the entire vacation. My husband proposed that she pick the children up on Christmas eve and return them the sunday before school starts in January. This would give her the majority of the vacation with the children and would still allow the children to visit with family that is coming from out of state for Christmas before they leave. My husband received a letter from her attorney today stating that they will file contempt charges if he does not let her pick them up when she wants. They have a court date set up in March to settle several issues with the exact dates of visitation to be established. Would this be considered contempt since he is letting her take them during vacation as the order states?