Attorneys Fees and lack of response

I had an appointment with my attorney to go through the financial docs submitted by my ex, and we discovered that we were missing several items. His paralegal made a note and said she would contact the opposing atty’s office. This did not happen, we went to mediation not fully knowing the numbers, and mediation was unsuccessful. I have asked for these documents many times, and each time I do, I am charged by my attorney, and nothing happens. I have even emailed my ex requesting the information. His attorney responded with . “There are no more numbers to be inserted or compromised or added to or discussed in this offer.”

Your advice would be appreciated.

If you have already filed suit for Equitable Distribution, I suggest you serve your ex with a Request for Production of Documents pursuant to the rules of civil procedure. The court can then intervene and compel her to produce them.