Biased judge

Do a google search on Recuse a judge


First off, I’m in your same shoes Bohica. Phil can tell you I know what it’s like. Here’s what I have done and what I recommend you to do.

  1. Write any and everybody that will listen. (Congressmen, Senators, Reps, etc, etc.)

  2. In writing, file a complaint with all of the evidence supporting your claim to:

NC Judicial Standards Committee
PO Box 1122
Raleigh, NC 27602
(919) 733-7107

  1. In writing, file the same complaint with…

Administrative Office of the Courts
The Honorable Ralph A. Walker (Director)
PO Box 2448
Raleigh, NC 27602

4.If this is a child custody issue, you may wanna notify…

Jane Volland
Guardian Ad Litem Services Administrator
100 E. Six Forks Road, Anderson Plaza
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 571-4820

Whatever you do, don’t give up…Recusing a judge should be a last resort. Normally, if the Judicial Standards Commission finds fault with the judge, they can force him to recuse himself.

One step at a time…

Dear Bohica:

Greetings. You may make a motion to have the judge recuse themselves. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

How can one go about getting rid of a judge assigned to the case? I have got to get rid of this judge somehow. Surely, there is a way to get another judge! How?