Breaking an seperation agreement

Two part question. Husband and I signed an agreement stating I would pay him a huge amount monthly and he takes responsibility for a truck. I however have proof and a judgment of abuse by him on me. Is there any way to break said contract because I’m paying my abuser? Second part, is there also a way to divorce sooner than the 12 month separation if abuse is proven in the marriage? Thank you.

You cannot break a contract unless both parties agree to rescind the agreement. Sometimes there are specific provisions in separation agreements about what do to if one party wants to rescind the agreement.

No, there is no way to obtain a divorce sooner than the one-year separation period.