Can BIL contact me

I saw my brother in law (spouse’s sister’s husband) looked at my LinkedIn profile. Can he really contact me? I have a 50B order against my spouse and it says he cannot come within 100 feet of me and the only thing he is allowed is service of papers for divorce.

“I saw my brother in law (spouse’s sister’s husband) looked at my LinkedIn profile. Can he really contact me? I have a 50B order against my spouse and it says he cannot come within 100 feet of me and the only thing he is allowed is service of papers for divorce.”

• Not an attorney*

Hello Nov 4,

Your profile must be public, you can change that in your settings. Your protective order is against your Ex, not your sister-in-law or brother-in-law.
Anyone can view it for information concerning you.
Also, Did your BIL contact you on behalf of your EX? Ask you a question for him? Deliver a message for him? Threaten you? Or did the BIL just view your profile?
If he (your brother-in-law) simply viewed your profile, your ex has not violated the protective order. If he actually contacted you on behalf of your ex, you may possibly have a violation of the order.

A protective order only covers the parties specifically listed in the order. If you do not have a protective order against your brother-in-law, he has every right to contact you.