Can Divorce be Reopened to Protect Children?


Due to circumstances that my previous husband lost his job because of sexual advances to youth group girls; could I have my recent divorce of 1 year be reopened to change his visitation because I feel the need to protect my girls? I would also want the custody to change to sole rather than joint custody. I want the visitation reduced because he is planning on moving to another city 2 hours away and would not be condusive to the girls’ school schedule. I also don’t care about changing the child support amount…just the need to reduce his time with them. Thanks for your reply…


Your divorce is separate from custody. You may file a motion to modify the custody arrangement based on his behavior.