Can't comply with court order

I live in Charlotte but had my divorce hearing today In a small eastern nc town. I was surprised when my now ex wife’s attorney told us at this hearing he was retiring at the end of the year.

The judge ordered me to pay my ex 5000 within a week to hire a new attorney. I don’t have 5000 and don’t know where I can get it within a week ? My current attorney wasn’t effective in arguing this with the judge.

What can I do ???

If this is part of a court order, your recourse is to appeal the order. Otherwise, if you can’t comply it will be up to your spouse to chose whether she wants to file a motion for contempt to get the funds required under the order.