Child support after 18

I have a verbal agreement with my ex husband about paying child support for our daughters untill they finish college ,not written, will this stand up in court?

I’m not an attorney, but a strong part of me wants to say ‘No’. The law states that child supports ends at 18 or high-school graduation (whichever is later). If he agreed to pay until the end of college than I would think you would need this in writing to make it enforceable.

If the agreement was made during the marriage, it would need to be in writing and notarized to be enforceable. If it was made after the marriage, then oral contracts are enforceable, but they can fail for a number of reasons including vagueness and lack of consideration. You also have the added difficulty of proving the existence of the contract.