Child support exceptions


My son is 17 and is autistic, but very high-functioning. We’re expecting him to go to college when he graduates, but it remains to be seen whether or not he will actually be able to support himself after he turns 18 or go to college. Should I have an exception prepared in case we will need to continue child support after he graduates?


The statutes don’t afford for support in your situation, but if you and your spouse agree, you can write up an agreement for future support to accommodate his needs.