Child support

My husband was granted primary joint cusdtody of his 13 year old son in Feb. At the time of court - child support was not brought up, it was not part of the complaint. How would he go about checking on getting it now? I assume to consult our attorney about this but we would like to try and go about it on our own due to cost of hiring the attorney again. This would be round 3 with ex-wife and don’t have extra cash to hire the attorney again.

You can have support set and collected throgh Child Support Enforcment.