Child support

My marraige is ending after 20 years beacause of an affair he had. We have two minor children and a mortgage and another property that is paid for. He is a 1099 wage earner will I beable to collect child support? Can I file for child support if we are still living together? H e has decided not to pay the mortgage I can’t afford it by myself.Should I move out of the house ? Both our names are on the loan and deed.

You can still collect child support if you can prove income. It will be more difficult with a 1099 employee, but it’s not impossible.

Regardless of your ability to pay the loan, you are responsible for it if you are on the promissory note. There are many factors that are taken into consideration when/if i you decide to move out, and it shouldn’t be based solely on your ability to pay the mortgage payment.