Child vistation Schedule

Nope, you sure can’t, and I think it’s pretty lousy that you’d try to keep you son from seeing his father. It sounds like you have your own issues and you’re using your son to punish him. If you want to fight for full custody you’d better have excellent reasons for this, not just a few ant bites. He’s a boy, they fall down. It’s Georgia, they have ants. If you two can’t agree on anything, then get a mediator to work out as much as possible so you don’t have to talk to one another. And don’t think that all the animosity between mommy and daddy won’t manifest itself in your little boy who will also, in turn, argue and fight with the girls in his life.

First of all I have tried to be nice and I tried to not cuss at him. I congradulated him when he got remarried. My issue is that he only wants to see Austin when it is convenint for him. Or when I have soemthing planned with Austin. Everytime Austin comes back from his house is a different boy. He acts out, says dirty words, and just changes completly. I dont want to keep Austin from his father, I have told him that he could see Austin whenever he wanted to, during the week, every weekend, just whenever. But he always has excuses of why he can see austin. So i think that this is not emotionally beneifical for our son.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by fatlilbeagle[/i] [br]Nope, you sure can't, and I think it's pretty lousy that you'd try to keep you son from seeing his father. It sounds like you have your own issues and you're using your son to punish him. If you want to fight for full custody you'd better have excellent reasons for this, not just a few ant bites. He's a boy, they fall down. It's Georgia, they have ants. If you two can't agree on anything, then get a mediator to work out as much as possible so you don't have to talk to one another. And don't think that all the animosity between mommy and daddy won't manifest itself in your little boy who will also, in turn, argue and fight with the girls in his life.

i have to agree with fatlilbeagle on this one. austin has a father that you chose. it is not your right to have a convenient visitation schedule but it is austin’s right to see his father and brian’s to see his son. it breaks my heart when i hear parents talk like this. both you and brian should help austin realize that his mother and father are the greatest in the whole wide world. if he doesn’t want to see austin, there isn’t anything you can do about it. you can’t force him to take austin nor would you want to. if you have a schedule, i would ask that he follow it. it’s also your choice whether he sees him at times other than when the schedule dictates. other than that, you should plan on austin being with his father when the schedule states until you hear otherwise.

is austin in danger? if you really believe down in your heart that his safety is at stake then hire an investigator to get evidence for you. if you get substantial evidence, go to straight court and petition for full custody.

you have to understand that austin is in different homes with different values, rules, etc. so it doesn’t surprise me that he would come back acting different. you also need to realize that austin’s dad isn’t use to having his son around most of the time so when he is there, he has to adjust too. i know when i am away from my child and see him again, i find myself forgetting to do things and am surprised at myself.

instead of looking at the situation from a negative perspective, try the positive first.

I already have a schedule. I am the custodial parent. But my x and I have joint legal custody. We are always diagreeing about issues. I have spoken to a lawer in FT Bragg and she had said that GA didnt have juristiction of the vistation schedule. So my questions are:
Do I have the right to dictate whether or not he sees Austin?
I want to fight for full custody now because I believe that this is not healthy for my son. How do I do that?
If he makes an agreement with me outside the schedule and then changes it do I have the right to stop him from seeing Austin(son)?
The other weekend while in Brian’s care my son came back with six ant bites on one finger, a gash in his head 2 inches long,and a really bad diaper rash. If I feel that Austin is not getting the care that he is requiring can I say no to Brian seeing Austin?