Dear con 101:

Greetings. I am not a criminal attorney, so you may want to address this question to a criminal attorney. By the way, you may also want to ask what the charge is for “cohabitating” and what law you are breaking exactly. If you are having sex with your friend, he is guilty of adultery, which is a crime in North Carolina, since he is still married. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


my friend moved in with me 3 mos ago. she told him to leave the house he is on probation. his probation officer is now threatning cohabitation charge. his wife has moved on with her life and there is no hope of reconciliation. his probation officer is the one pushing the issue not his ex wife. his case is only a misdormenor charge. she is saying that it will violate his probation. what are his options?