Court Orders


Dear justamom:

Greetings. I do not know what powers the local magistrates have. What exactly is the situation?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Hi: I have questions, Can a Magistrate of the courts issue a “contempt of court warrant” if the parent who has custody of the child, refuses to let the child go for visitation with the other parent, for reason that the other parent is not abiding by the court orders. Is it legal for the magistrate to change the visitation order that was signed by a judge?

Thank you.