Dear Jordon:

Greetings. Immediately contact an attorney to have this hearing either reset or to help you fix the failure to appear - and probably an order for your arrest - which you now have. It is not hopeless, but you do need some help. You need to speak with a criminal attorney in the county you live in. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.



I need advise,please.

I was scheduled for court yesterday, and I forgot. This was a hearing, because I am behind on child support (2 months). Me vs State NC. I don’t live in the county that the court hearing took place. My questions, what happens now? Is there anything I can do? Will the county that the trial took place in, send a warrant for my arrest? If I am arrested, what will take place than? How long does it usually take for a warrant to take place?

I do hope I have not gone over my limits in asking questions.

Thank you in advance for your answers.