Custody Concern

I am the custodial parent of a minor and going through deep depression problems and will be seeking inpatient treatment for possibly 30 days or more. I am not sure what to do with my minor child for I don’t have family or childcare for him when I seek treatment. My child’s dad is local and vindictive and wont help in the situation. Can the courts assist me in enforcing temporary custody to his dad so that I can take care of my needs? Thank you for your time.

The courts can’t force either parent to exercise his or her custodial rights. In other words, the judge can’t compel the child’s other parent to keep the child while you sustain treatment.