I suggest you contact Crisis Ministry in your area if there is one and see if they will assist with the rent. If not contact United Way, Catholic Social Services or any other Agency in your area to help with the rent.

You don’t want to wait until you lose everything. You should consider the income as extra in conjunction to you working, if you are able to do so. The process can be long when trying to get back money so just take charge of your life and don’t depend on him.

Stay encouraged and take care.



You can also contact your local Child Support Enforcement office. They can help you with your child support issues, and will take your income into consideration in terms of charges.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.