Divorce judgement

The best way to speed up the process is to reach an agreement. You should talk with your lawyer about the range upon which you are willing to settle and then request that your lawyer set up a settlement conference or mediation as soon as possible.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax
email: angel@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I had to eventually go to a lawyer, I told my lawyer I wanted to file for divorce. This has been dragging out too long. It seems that
my husbands attorney is dragging his feet, Why? We have have both expressed our willingness to settle this amicably, well he exspressed in a letter by his attorney he wanted to settle amicably. My husband is trying to get out of alimony. He only wants to pay child support, but he continues to wine and argue about everything.He even brings me bills, that he is responsible for.I have paid all the fees so far for new accounts and name changes on accounts, I asked hm to pay at least half and he told me that he didn’t feel like he had to. He’s not paying half of the medical bills for my son after what the insurance pays, nothing! I’ve had to go get tested for (STD)do to the reputation of this girl he has had an affair with, for my own peace of mind. Insurance did not pay anything.I have paid for this also.
I was a dependant spouse, my money was never an issue during our twenty year marriage. It has only beome an issue since the affair.
He has told our friends that I was job hopper. I worked for a company for twenty years of our twenty -two years together. I was a victim of corporate downsizing and job-elimination. My options were not that great. I chose to try something new. During the last year and half he had been having an affair with one of his employees. I was working in the accounting department for the same company that my husband worked for, while he was having his little affair. He committed adultery, he admitted it to me, he walked out, he is continuing to commit adultery. He has not signed the separation agreement. He wants to cancel everything, he wants me to sell the house. How can I speed things up with the attorneys to prevent him from totally ruining what I do have left?