Diy Seperation Agreement


I am filing the divorce myself and their are 2 parts of the seperation agreement i dont understand how to fill out is there someone that can help me fill these 2 parts out without having to pay I am a low income resident of North Carolina which is why im doing it myself. The only reason i dont understand it is because of the way its worded everything else i have filed out thanks to your online guide although they are different papers I got the general idea. This is the only thing that is holding me up from filing my divorce is 2 statements that would take an attorney 2 min to answer but im afraid i will be charged. Thanks for you help you guys are awesome!


BTW the clerk of courts in Haywood County are no help what so ever. They are rude and impatient with my questions and there are no attorneys around here offering free consultations. This form is not listed anywhere on the net except at our public library where the clerk told me to go cause they dont have the papers and there was no instructions. Thanks again


not an attorney

The attorney will likely answer that it is outside the scope of the forum for them to give you advice on how to fill it out, but if you post the parts that you are confused about (word for word), then I am willing to bet there are some forum members who have been there, done that, filled out the papers, and may be able to give you advice on how to fill it out, from a non-lawyer perspective.


If you have a specific question please post it, and we’ll do our best to give you an answer.


Call them and see if they can help you…

LANC-Asheville Office
TO REQUEST LEGAL HELP, CALL 866-219-5262 (toll-free)

Senior Law Project

547 Haywood Road, Asheville, NC 28806 [MAP]
[Mailing address: P.O. Box 7606, Asheville, NC 28802]
Senior Legal Helpline (age 60 or older): 877-579-7562 (toll-free, Monday-Friday, 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.)
All others, call 866-219-5262 (toll-free)

About Asheville, NC…
About Us… The legal staff of Legal Aid of North Carolina provides high quality legal assistance in civil matters to eligible, low-income clients who have problems with their basic needs and live in the area surrounding Asheville, NC.

In the News Legal Aid of NC to close offices, reduce staff and services,
affecting thousands in NC (August 5, 2011 Media Release)

Celeste Harris named Chair of the Board of Directors of
Legal Aid of NC (June 21, 2011 Media Release)

Types of Cases AcceptedLegal Aid of North Carolina cannot help people with criminal cases. However, Legal Aid of North Carolina can help people with civil cases, including family law problems where domestic violence is involved, housing problems (including mortgage foreclosures, housing discrimination, and improper evictions), denials of public benefits such as SSI, Veterans disability benefits and unemployment compensation, SSI and Social Security overpayments, consumer issues including Motions to Claim Exempt Property, and other civil (non-criminal) problems affecting low-income people.

DisclaimerThe materials contained on this website are for information and educational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Also please note that Legal Aid of North Carolina does not provide legal assistance by E-mail. Contact your Legal Aid of North Carolina office or a private attorney if you need to speak to an attorney regarding your particular situation.
See our complete disclaimer.

Mission StatementLegal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity.