DSS Intervention


My ex and I signed our original consent order regarding visitation and child support in the county we lived in until about 5 months before seperation. All of the divorce proceedings were in that county. This was in 2005. Now we BOTH live in counties DIFFERENT than the first one. She has asked Social Services to intervene because of her percieved non-compliance with the original consent order. My question is…

What county would handle this intervention? The original county, her current county or my current county?


If DSS is involved it would be the county office where the children primarily reside, likely with coordination from the office in the county of the other parent.