ED & Missing Spouse


My husband and I have 3 acreas of land in our names, we have been seperated for 14 months, I am fixing to file for a divorce, but I don’t know were he is at this time, all I know is that he is in another state, We have a son together, he is not paying any support at this time because of failure to locate. What do I need to do? Do I go ahead and file for divorce or not? The taxes on this property is also due for this year, do I pay them? Will I get the property if I ask for it or will the court divide it anyway?


You need to file a claim for equitable distribution in your divorce complaint. Depending on the facts of your case the court could award you the entire tract of land, I would adivse you to pay the taxes on the land.