Electronic Copies of Civil Action

My wifes attorney is refusing to send me an electronic copy of the Civil Action they are taking against me… can they do. She simply said “I am denying your request”

Not an Attorney

If they have already filed it you can go down to the clerk of court and get a copy for a small fee. It helps if you have your file # but if not they can look it up using your name.

If they have not already filed, once they do you will have to be served so you will get a copy at that point. I don’t think they have to give you a heads up on what they are planning to file before hand though. I also don’t believe they are required to submit anything to you electronically if they don’t want to.

She does not have to send you an electronic copy. You should receive a paper copy when you are served.