Emancipation

My kids are teenagers and they are forced to spend time with the other parent on custodial weekends. No agreement has been signed yet, the ex has been dragging this out for over a year now. The oldest said he is 16 and wants to file for emancipation because he doesn’t want to deal with being ignored and left to his own devices on custodial weekends. He wants to stay here, and I am forced to ‘force’ him to go to ensure I don’t get slapped with another accusation that I am keeping the kids from the other parent. Does that mean he can’t stay here anymore either?! I don’t want to lose my kids over this mess, and he isn’t working. Straight A kid, working hard, wants to get a ride to college on his own sweat. Please advise what Emancipation means to his relationship/living with me. Isn’t there another way to get him out of going that doesn’t give my ex any fodder to say its ME brainwashing them? Furthest from the truth, that nonsense only hurts the kids and would backfire on me, I’d never do it.

NOT AN ATTORNEY

Emancipation is meant for mature teens who can show that they can in all ways make it on their own…(maintaining employment,a place to live, good grades, without living with either parent…
Emancipation is basically kids divorcing thier parents of all legal rights including you…
This is not the direction you should take with custody and your childrens issues with the other parent find a legal way through tje courts to take care of your problem…
Besides we should try and teach our kids to face difficulties that come at us in life instead of running and never facing the problem…
Have them talk to the parent and let them resolve the issue at hand and you can be there to support your kids…if they had a good relationship before divorce they should be able to maintain one now…and never bad mouth your ex spouse no matter how you feel there are two parents not just one and children belong with both not just one unless a court makes that ruling

Emancipation questions are outside of the scope of this forum.