Equal custody

My son will be twelve in December .When I went to court to get custody three years ago, I lost. I got joint custody. I only see him every other weekend and four hours on Wednesday . My son and I wanted equal time. He is almost twelve, and now we would like to speak with a judge to get equal custody. I’ve been married for nearly two years. My wife has a son that is thirteen years old. Our sons get along great and they will be going to the same school .I just won custody of my eight-teen month old son, who get along great with the other boys as well. My older son and his mother live three miles away and the judge said that we are both good parents so what can I do to get equal custody.

You may file a motion to modify custody if you can prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances affecting your son’s best interest in the last 3 years.