Ex conveniently left out my addresses when filing for custody

My EX only listed her addresses as previous addresses for the children when she filed for custody. This made it look to the courts as if the children had not lived with me when they had done so for at least a year and a half prior to her filing for full custody. What can I do to correct this and has she committed any wrongdoing by not including my addresses on the paperwork?

You should file a counterclaim for child custody and list the correct addresses of where the children have lived for the past 5 years.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.