Ex-wife using kids

Dear twiggy:

Greetings. Yes, file a motion for preliminary injunction asking that she be refrained from alienating the children from you. Bring the fax to the judge’s attention and ask for sanctions if her behavior does not change. Ask that she have to attend counseling. That would be what I would do. Don’t let this situation escape you, or the children may turn against you. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex-wife was ordered to pay child support back in March. Up until a few weeks ago, I had not seen any money. She had to pay me a few weeks ago after a court hearing before she would have been allowed to leave. A few days ago when my kids were with her for visition, she sent me a fax from one of my kids where my kid ask me why I am making mommy pay money when I may more than she does. I have gone out of my way not to say anything bad about my ex to the kids and I will continue to do so. She has requested a reduction in support and we go to court in a couple of weeks. Should I bring this fax to the judges attention? What other steps can I take to keep my ex from manipulating the kids in this manner?