Ex wife who "couldn't work" finds a job - now what?

My separation agreement was written to support my ex giving her HALF my pay each month, HALF any bonus I receive each year - basically half of everything because she couldn’t work for “medical reasons”.
Now two years later she is working (miracles!) and yeah! for her, she is making more money than I am!
Is there any way I can get half of HER pay? I say that tongue in cheek, but I’m outraged at the act she put on that she was incapable of working during our SA creation with our lawyers but now, things just seem to be better (and her “'I’m not capable of working” condition seems to have cleared up.
This is unfair and she should stand on her own two feet or at least without taking half my pay.

Can I take her to court to change the terms of the SA or is this all wishful thinking?

Terms in a separation agreement can be modified only by consent of both parties and if the separation agreement allows for amendments. Alimony in your case cannot be modified in court because the terms were entered in a separation agreement.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.