Extra money

Just state in the court order that it will not end with remarriage.

70k a year? extra??? geezuz…are you serius? He must be loaded…

Must be nice. I could probably “buy” my kids back from my ex for $70K.

She never has to work again, if she invests it right…

I thought that amount was a typo [:0]Must have been a LOT of women. Nice job! Most women aren’t that considerate to let the ex get anything out of it…

Dear ladrbr:

Greetings. No, I do not believe that you can make this a tax deduction unless you label it alimony and then you have the problems of termination of alimony. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I have agreed to pretty much all the issues in our divorce. There is one late development. He has agreed to pay me and extra 70K a year if I sign a waiver of some sort agreeing not to haul all the women that he cheated with into court at some point. He has agreed to pay this for 15 years. Since this is not really Child support and I would like for it not to be alimony so if I remarry I don’t lose it. Is there another way it can be taxable (I think that would be the fairest thing to him to get the deduction) like alimony but not end at remarriage?