Extraordianry Expenses for Non-Custodial

Have you spoken to your DSS office about this?

No, what is DSS?


The Department of Social Services. They can answer most questions you have about the calculators. Their office is probably where your county’s courthouse sits, or near a county hospital. Check the yellow pages under Government–County.


My attorney in Cumberland County tells me that only the custodial parent is allowed to claim child care expenses.

Reading the directions for the child support calculator, it seems as if as the non-custodial parent I can claim extraordinary expenses for child care which is necessary for me to work when the children are with me in the summers.

Which is correct?

Thanks so much,