If the house gets foreclosed, can the bank who holds the mortgage take money from my savings acct?

If a judgment is placed against you, you have a right to file a motion for exemption of property. Whether the funds in your savings account are exempt would depend on the amount in the account. The form for the motion can be found on The form is AOC-CV-415.