Former military divorce help


Dear adamstj50:

Greetings. Absolutely, you can use that information. The most important thing is that you immediately hire an attorney and get them working on it. I would suggest a Rule 60 motion. These motions must be made within one (1) year from the entry of the order, so get moving. I would also include a motion for sanctions and attorney fees against her. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


While seriving on active duty overseas my spouse lied in court documents to say she had no communication with me and did not know my whereabouts in order to get an uncontested divorce. My question is if I saved e-mails between her and I during that time frame, and I also have a family picture where I came home for christmas dated on the back in her handwriting are these submisable as evidence that she did know my whereabouts and was in communication and can these alone be used to have a new divorce hearing that I will be present at. She also had them rule that visitation would not be in the best interest of the child, this is what i really want to get overturned as no reason was stated for this ruling and I had no say in the matter.

I thank you for any assistance.

Mr. Adams

Troy J. Adams