Free Trade agreement and separation papers

I have been separated from my husband for 8 years. I receive a free trade agreement with separation papers when he tried to close on a house. There were many discrepancies regarding the spelling of his last name and my last name were different. On our marriage license our last name are the same. His previous ex wife and children names are spell the same way. Now his ladt name is spell differently. We brought house during our marriage there was no problem with his ladt name. Want me to get notarized. I am not sure about that and he had the year off by 8 years when we were married. another red flag. Then on the separation agreement we have not settled 401K and profit-sharing which I am entitle of the 14 years of marriage. His words to me were we’ll just settled it on our own I just need for you to sign the papers. His lender wants me to send a copy of my drivers license to make sure she spells my name correctly. Need help

A free trader agreement will allow your husband to purchase real property without your name being on the deed since you two are still legally married. This is generally a short document but you would need to make sure your name is spelled correctly.

The separation agreement should list all marital property and state how each piece of property and debt is distributed or who will be receiving it as their sole and separate property. You should not sign a separation agreement until there is a full settlement on all marital property and marital debt issues.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.