Free Trader for out of state residents

Both my parents live out of NC state. My dad is co-signing on our loan. They are separated and mom has no interest in signing a title, free trader or anything else in our transaction.
We have asked for months whether or not they even need a Free Trader since they are not NC residents. Can you please clarify or advise where the answer can be found.
Thank you so much.


If he is only going to co-sign on the mortgage, but not be on the deed, I would ask the bank directly if they will require any participation from your mother if your father is co-signing and he is still not divorced. It sounds like North Carolina has no jurisdiction over your mother, but the lender should be able to let you know if she would need to be a a part of the transaction in any way.