Full Custody/Revoking Sep/Identity Theft

Dear Jarhead:

Greetings. I am sorry to answer this after you leave, but yes, you can file for custody as soon as you get back. Yes, you can revoke your consent to the agreement prior to her signing the same, although you should do so in writing.

As far as using your financial accounts, you may or may not have a criminal action since she is your spouse and did these actions while you were married. Nevertheless, I would check with the district attorney where you live. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Well, we got up the papers drawn up, I have signed she has not. There are circumstances that have come up recently that lead me to fight this. I was more than nice to her in the settlement, just to get out, but she crossed the line in other ways this weekend. I’m deploying on Monday and she refused to let me see our child before I leave. Now she’s trying to make me seem unfit, but everyone that knows me, knows that I am an upstanding citizen, love my child more than anything in the world, and would never raise my hand against anyone. I’m a good Marine and being a good Marine means knowing when and where attacking is appropriate and it is never appropriate in the home.
What I need is answers to the following questions:

1. Can I fight for full custody where I am a deployable Marine as soon as I get back? I’m extremely concerned for my child’s wellfare, she got violent recently with me and she had a child taken from her before me for neglect.
  2. Can I revoke the agreement before she signs it knowing that she has not signed it yet?
  3. I have proof that she has used my name and social to open financial accounts and e-mail accounts in the past, what is the statute of limitations on that?
    Thank you for all of your help so far!
    Jarhead