Funding attorneys with marital assets


Is there a general guildline about how a couple can “fund” their attorneys during a separation? My wife is seeking a separation/divorce and borrowed money from her family. I’m not sure what I should do to fund a attorney, I would need to do something like cash in Kids investment holdings (that are in my name), sale or get a loan against the car my wife drives (titled in my name, I purchased it with a HELOC), or my car (but it is a premarital asset so would want to use marital asset were I could).


You’ll have to raise the money from family or with a loan. I wouldn’t take the money from the child’s account.