General questions

Dear justplaintired:

Greetings. I guess this kind of goes without saying, but the best place for your money (cash) is in a federally insured savings account, savings bonds, or money market account. Not to mention that all of these are traceable. No, the pictures will not work. She can just say that the money was spent by you, etc. How will the court know who took it? You could both lie.

No, she cannot say that you stole the money from her. It may be a crazy world, but it sounds like you live in a strange household…where you are keeping money in a safe instead of in a bank. If I were you, I would take the safe, employe a safe cracker, and put the money in an account at a bank. At least you could give her half if you divorce. Good luck with this (and please let us know the rationale behind the money in the safe instead of in the bank).

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

[:(]thinks she is smart as far as irs is concerned. i am not really sure what she makes but it is alot and she keeps most hidden. would kill me if i took the money and out in the bank so guess i am just without that gain in the end. greed will get them everywhere! you guys are great and thanks for the help.[;)]

</font id=“purple”>what if i had a witness and they knew about how much was there??[:D][:D]

You need documents…documents are proof. Keep your head up and get the documents. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

SINCE I AM SCARED TO BE A SAFECRACKER AND NOT QUITE READY TO WALK OUT WHAT TYPES OF DOCUMENTS COULD I BE LOOKING FOR? THANKS

Dear justplaintired:

It depends on how she makes her income. You need documents detailing money coming into the business and money going out. Documents detailing her spending may also be helpful. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

IF WIFE IS SELF-EMPLOYED AND WE HAVE SAVED MONEY BUT NOT PUT IT IN THE BANK, WE JUST KEEP IT IN A SAFE. SHOULD I TAKE PICTURES OF THIS MONEY SO IF SHE LEAVES ME I WILL HAVE SOME PROOF THAT THE MONEY WAS THERE? WHAT IF SHE KEEPS THE SAFE LOCKED AND I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS UNLESS SHE OPENS IT AND I WANT TO GO IN THERE. COULD SHE SAY I STOLE FROM HER IF I DECIDE HOW TO OPEN IT? ITS A CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN. THANKS