Having divorce papers prepared before filing date

The year of separation for my ex spouse and I will be up on November 22, I can then file absolute divorce papers on the 23rd. Is it possible to have the paperwork completed and ready to file immediately on the 23rd using the do it your self divorce route?

When using the Rosen law “do it your self”, will I have to be the one to file or will Rosen?
Thanks.

You can prepare the paperwork ahead of time, but you cannot sign the complaint and have it notarized until 11/23 at the earliest. Note that Friday, 11/23/18 is a state holiday and the courthouse will not be open for filing. You will have to wait until Monday, 11/26 to file.

Our DIY divorce is to help guide you through the process and make sure that you have all of the forms and templates needed, but you will be representing yourself in court and it will be your responsibility to file all paperwork.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.