Homewrecker law

Dear Caroline,

There is a law called Aleination of Affection which you can read about on our website, however since you and your husband have reconciled, she was not successful in alienating his affections. Unfortunately because they had a child together she is going to continue to be a part of your life. I wish you all the best of luck.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband had an affair and left me and our small son for a much younger woman. He was gone a year and a half, and refused to let my husband see our son which has caused my son a lot of problems. They had a child from this unholy union. My husband has since returned to sanity and moved back with us.

When he left, I lost my house, and was forced to move into a small apartment. This women is still trying to cause trouble with us. Is it true that there is a homewrecker law? And how do I find out about it?

Caroline Cahoon