If we can't agree on a settlement agreement

If we can’t agree on a settlement agreement, how do we facilitate property division by the court? Thanks.

If you can’t reach an agreement on how to divide property, one of the parties will need to file a lawsuit for equitable distribution. This is the legal process by which the court divides marital assets and liabilities. To learn more about equitable distribution, feel free to read our article on: Equitable Distribution.