I'm in a relationship

I wonder about this too…I’ll be looking out for any inout on this one! [:I]

He probably already knows, the best thing you can do is both of you agree on a seperation date with no intent of reconciliation( very important), toghether sit down and write up a reasonable seperation agreement, who gets what, If theres childern who get visitation and discuss and agree on child support discuss alimony, make sure all of this is in writing and both parties sign and get it noterized, I promise you this will save you alot of heartache and money, If possible be realistic and and try to communicate maturely and keep all boyfriends and girlfriends out of your dicission making and away from your ex-spouse.

If you have sex with anyone prior to your actual divorce the person you have sex with could be sued for criminal conversation by your spouse. No wording in a separation agreement can supercede NC law. FOLKS, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO JEOPARDIZE SOMEONE ELSE’S PEACE OF MIND, FINANCES AND REPUTATION!!! Take a year off … regroup … work on yourself … figure out why your marriage failed … enjoy the company of friends & family … get a 2nd job or go back to school … but for crying out loud don’t drag someone else into your divorce and your unresolved issues! Do you really think that’s conducive to a successful relationship? (Do a search of this forum to read all the previous responses to this exact same question … type in Criminal Conversation or Alienation of Affection).

Dear Pebsie:

Greetingss. Can who get you in trouble? If you mean your husband…then my next question is what kind of trouble?

Cheating during the marriage, or shortly thereafter, can affect alimony. Living/cohabitating with someone also ends your alimony. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been separated since May 7 of 2005 and I dont have a legal separation agreement and I’ve started a new relationship with a guy. Can he get me in trouble if he finds out?