Increase in Visitation

Sorry for the delayed response.

A motion to modify the current custody/visitation is the appropriate legal pleading. Check with the Clerk’s office in your county for any local forms, rules or procedures that may be required. One necessary procedure would include sending “notice” of this motion to the other parent.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.265.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100

We want increased visitation with my fiance’s children. Does he just write a request and file it with the Clerk of Court? I have written a petition for an increase in visitation, but have no idea if I have done it correctly. From what I understand, there are not any pre-printed forms to fill out.